With local authority budgets under constant pressure, the Norse Transport Division represents a cost-effective solution to a wide range of public service operations. The Transport Division within Norse has been operating across Norfolk and Suffolk for over 40 years, and more recently in Medway. Services incude:
- Minibus Passenger Transport � daily services are provided to local authority community and children�s services, transporting people with learning difficulties, older people to day services and children to schools and colleges.
- School/College Coach Transport � daily transport is provided for children to get them to schools and colleges. This service also provides swimming trips to schools and excursions to London and various residential centres around the country.
In addition, we also offer transport to and from activity trips, such as the �Send Your School Soaring� initiative by High Altitude:
- Bus services � local bus services are provided in Suffolk, using DDA compliant double and single deck buses. To view our local bus services click here.
- Delivery Services � we have been providing a daily delivery service of post, printed materials and equipment that keeps vulnerable people safe at home since 2006. For further details of our Care Equipment Service click here. In addition to this we also provide a soiled/clean linen collection/delivery service to people who have been discharged from hospital with incontinence problems.
- Fleet Management � a comprehensive operation that includes vehicle purchase/contract hire/leasing; servicing and maintenance scheduling; accident management and employee driving standards assessment programmes; vehicle remarketing; insurance; and breakdown services.
To view all of our conditions for carriage, please click here >
For more information, about Suffolk Norse Transport click here >
For the third year running, Norse Commercial Services� Transport Division has been awarded accreditation under an award winning initiative which has been developed by Freight Transport Association (FTA). �Van Excellence� is an industry-led initiative, in conjunction with some of the UK�s leading van operators, which aims to:
- Enhance standards of van operator compliance
- Raise standards within the industry
- Improve the perception of vans and light commercial vehicles
- Enhance the reputation of organisations operating van fleets
The award is only made following an independent audit covering two aspects of vehicle operations:
- Vehicle related understanding including, roadworthiness, safe working environment, vehicle standards, and administration; and driver related undertakings, including licensing, behaviour, compliance, competence, training, and identification.
Norse is one of the first 50 operators in the region to receive the Van Excellence accreditation. The award covers Norse�s Norwich based fleet operations, which include around 500 vans and minibuses. Nationally, Norse operates a fleet of 1700 vehicles through its Head Office and UK subsidiaries.